.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, September 14, 2009

My Thoughts On Kanye, & An Open Letter

I seem to always write my best pieces while my emotions are high so I’m gonna go ahead and knock this Kanye shit out now. Its 2:46a.m. right now, and while my eyes are drifting I am still horrified by the display of bitchassness from Kanye. Taylor Swift is an amazing, talented young woman who was filled with joy after winning her first VMA. You must imagine how much that meant to her. MTV is the main outlet for the teen generation, so her winning an award from them was special and supposed to be an unforgettable highlight in her career. Instead, Kanye made that moment an unforgettable nightmare. He tainted that moment by not only interrupting her acceptance speech, but denouncing her accomplishment by saying Beyonce’s video was better. I don’t know what made him think that his opinion mattered. It wasn’t about him or Beyonce, or anyone else but Taylor.

I thought Jay-Z had him on a leash? It’s funny that he idolizes Jay so much, but does the complete opposite of what Jay would do. Jay would have never done something so tasteless. It’s obvious that he looks up to Jay and hopes to see his level of greatness one day. He has more than enough potential to do so, but instead of studying Jay’s lyrics he needs to study Jay’s actions. And I see that Amber Rose is more of a waste of time than I wanted to admit. If she was a REAL woman with class she would’ve cared enough to keep him from embarrassing himself and setting us back another 30 years. With that said, I want to directly address Mr. West.

Dear Kanye,

You are the epitome of what a rapper should be. Your lyricism, style, and diversity warm my heart and restore my faith in the future of hip hop. Your talent is undeniable, and even in your 30’s; you have years ahead of you. When I first heard “Through the Wire” I was jumping up and down. You were spitting some real shit, all while your jaw was wired shut. Such an inspirational debut for you. College Dropout is still a classic, and it was good to know that you remembered who delivered you from that horrific accident – which you expressed on “Jesus Walks”. After I heard College Dropout I knew you were golden. But somewhere between then and now, something changed. You forgot who you were, how far the Lord brought you, and why you’re still here. All humility went out the window, and an angry, arrogant child trapped in a grown ass man’s body evolved. At times, I believe you’re rebelling. You lost your mother last year and I truly don’t think you ever learned how to deal with it…understandable. But instead of honoring her memory by behaving like the mature, reformed man that she raised, you’re acting out. I don’t know what you’re doing behind closed doors, but it’s quite obvious that there’s one important element missing from your life that can put everything back together for you – God. When you gave it all to Him, things were good…keep that in mind. Your behavior tonight was disgusting and a misrepresentation of what we are as a people. And funny thing is, just last year when 808’s and Heartbreak came out, you were constantly expressing how sorry you were for acting out in the past, but yet you did the EXACT same thing tonight that you so-called were sorry about before. We were supposed to be inspired by our President to be better – it was my responsibility and yours. I sincerely hope you snap out of it. You know what you have to do. Your fans will be waiting for the REAL MR. WEST TO COME BACK.