.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Meetings At The Round Table 6 -- Reset Button!!


Yea, yea, yea.... I know it's been a minute since I did a Meetings At The Round Table segment, but I don't have time to do it every week like I would really like to.  It's crazy because I have so many topics that I would love to write about, but I rarely get the time.  This last quarter of Grad School (I graduate Sept. 25th, YAY me) is seriously working ya girl.  Anywho, how about we try something new ;).  Instead of me writing all the MATRT segments, why don't you guys send in some stuff.  That way it'll actually be more like having "meetings" instead of all the topics coming from me.  Some things I don't really go into on the world wide web but I know many of my readers have no problem with saying certain things LOL. Therefore, feel free to discuss any topic you'd like.  Now, on to this topic!!!

I finally got the chance to see the movie Hot Tub Time Machine, it was a much better movie than I thought it would be.  Prior to seeing the movie I would ask people what they thought about it and I always got the same answer.. "its so damn funny."  Well, while watching it, I too found it to be hilarious but I didn't expect it to actually be a "good" movie. Since I saw it, I've wanted to ask you guys a question. 

What if in life we were allowed a one time RESET BUTTON... would you use it and when?


Check MORE DISH to read the rest of Reset Button

Just today, I mentioned on my FB page that confusion is one of the most annoying things EVER!!! I hate the feeling of not knowing.  Life is full of decisions and each decision/action will ultimately bring about a different result.  The thing is, how in the hell do we know which one will bring about the best result?  Although I know that there is no way to go back in time, I've literally been thinking about this "reset button" since watching the movie.  When I was coming up with how my "reset button" would work,  I didn't like the idea of starting ALL the way over at infancy.  So, I came up with deciding to start over from any point in life, your choice! This way, when you go back through life the second time there isn't so much confusion and those decisions wont be so hard to make. Wouldn't that sooooo be the sh-t? Yea.. I thought so too, but then I couldn't figure out at what EXACT point in my 29 years of life that I would start over.  I'm sure that as youngins, we would've pushed that button quickly.  But as a grown woman knocking on 30, I look back and realize that some things that happened might have been some real life bullsh-t, but they were necessary for me to become the person I am.  However, there are some things that shouldn't have happened, didn't need to happen and I would SIT on that damn reset button to ensure that they didn't happen LOL!!! Okay, enough of my wishful thinking.  I just wanted to post my thoughts on this "reset button" here for you guys cuz I've LITERALLY been talking to my friends about it for almost 2 weeks now LOL.  The reactions of everyone I mentioned it to were the same, PURE EXCITEMENT.  It's like they got hype just thinking about all the things they would like to change.  So, I'd like to hear what you guys think about this dream button.  Ready, Reset, GO!!!

Meeting Adjourned! 

SD: Please send in your MATRT topics and/or write ups ASAP.  I'll post them just as you send them so you dont have to worry about me changing up your wording. If you dont want me to mention who it came from just let me know in the email. Email topics/write ups to dawn@divadishtalk.com and put MATRT in the subject line.  Hope to hear from you soon!!