.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Alicia Keys covers Entertainment Weekly


Alicia Keys is on the cover of the November 23 issue of Entertainment Weekly. In an exclusive interview with EW, she opens up about hitting rock bottom, taking control of her career and getting a life.

On her newfound independence:

"I became brutally honest. I would go straight up to people and say, 'Guess what? This is over. So what's gonna happen from now on is this: If you're feeling that, great. if not, bye.' Some people didn't like it, and they didn't like me being so clear and set on what I wanted. But I found that I took their power away. Any power anyone ever had over me is gone...I'm at the point now like, F--- it. Who gives a s---? I don't really care what you think aboout me."

On the moment she realize she had hit rock bottom:

"I discovered a lot about myself that I didn't like. I would look in the mirror and I didn't know who that person was. I didn't like my eyes; I didn't like what they said. I couldn't sleep. I was uncomfortable all the time, and irritated and frustrated."



To read more of the interview and other features, pick up a copy of EW, on newsstands now.